Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus....


This work of art was worth the time because of the oohs and aahs I got from my family when I brought it in to the room.  I used the Rhodes wheat bread loaf for the skin and hat and white bread loaf for the beard and puffball at the end of the hat. The beard and hair were made entirely through a garlic press.  A spaghetti maker might work just as well and not take half as long.  What I wish was that I kept the beard moist and covered while I worked because it definitely hardened and didn't taste as fresh, in my opinion. I used melted butter on the hat before I baked it to make that part darker.  


I don't think the baby Jesus would come out as well...believe me, I've tried.

1 comment:

  1. Melonie - please email me at staciew(at)rhodesbread(dot)com. We want to send you a free recipe book and some coupons!

    ReplyDelete