Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving is coming, the Goose is getting fat...maybe too fat.

Thanksgiving is coming so start to think of Harvest shapes that you can do with your bread.  I took these from the Rhodes Book.  I thought the corn turned out kind of cool.



This was my first attempt at a Rhodes turkey.  What I learned is that you have to separate pieces that you don't want stuck together with a wad of tinfoil before you bake it.  Also, I learned that it is always wiser to make the head bigger than the neck or you will have a turkey that looks like this: 

I used walnut pieces on the body, almonds for the tail and a raisin for the eye. Mine did not turn out quite like the sample photo on their website.  
Get cooking!

2 comments:

  1. I loved having the Dough Diva's creations at our celebration a few years back... nice that you're branching out a bit! (I think the turkey looks great - - for having a bit of a goiter! lol!!!!)

    ReplyDelete